♦ Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.” – Gene Perret
♦ Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money. – Jonathan Clements
♦ Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it. – Gene Perret
♦ Retirement: It’s nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese. – Gene Perret
(Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/words-of-wisdom-for-retirement.html)
So? Who are we anyway?
- I’m Eric, a recently retired educator and amateur writer* and historian living in, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada with my bride of 40+ years, the lovely Lois, and our super dog, a Lhasa Apso named Quincy.
- Yes, there is life after a career in education, and I’m enjoying every minutes of it with Quincy and with Lois. Lois retired a few years back too after years nursing and in education.
- I have a passion for history, particularly 20th century history and the World Wars, and an interest, (some might say a skill) in modern technology.
- Lois was a compassionate nurse who dealt with palliative care patients, among others. Today she is all about family, spending time with our two daughters and two grandkids, romance novels and movies and loving me no matter the stupid things I say or do.
- I love to play with my Apple toys anywhere, visit historical sites when I can, and work on a few of the Hackintosh computer hybrids that I built for myself and for Lois.
- Lois loves to garden, do the Facebook thing, socialize with friends and her church group, and spend time with me, her grateful husband.
- Quincy loves his toys, epecially his pull ropes, and balls. He is dedicated to Lois, and loves me unconditionally too. He’s always glad to see us no matter if we’re away 30 minutes or 30 days. For him, it’s a dog’s life.
- We spend our summers together on a river and nearby lake by Barry’s Bay, Ontario, and our winters hiberating in front of a TV or travelling when we can afford to do so.
- We like to spend time in our evenings watching popular movies or quality TV fare. We seldom watch commercial TV however… 20 minutes an hour in commercials is too much punishment for any sane person to bare.
So there you have it. Well, some of it…
… Welcome to our (neighbour)Hood!
Sept. 25, 2013
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*Amateur writer may not be completely accurate. I did publish a high school Computer Science textbook for Addison-Wesley in 1989 that was moderately successful… Please buy one! I can use the money now that I’m retired.)